Housing and Homeless Services
Men, women, children, and families take refuge in Salvation Army shelters throughout The Salvation Army's Western Territory. Our housing and shelter programs offer spiritual and physical care, meals, educational opportunities, counseling and safe harbor to people in need.
Emergency shelters, group homes and transitional living centers provide housing on a temporary basis and offer the following opportunities:
- Serve homeless people by providing food and overnight lodging.
- Provide educational, counseling and vocational services to homeless and destitute individuals and families for extended periods.
- Offer education, counseling, health care and specific training seek to meet the needs of pregnant teens, emancipated minors, and wards of the juvenile court.
- Meet specific health or societal driven needs of particular populations.
- Silvercrest Residences provide low-cost, independent living for senior citizens.
How to Get Help
Salvation Army services vary according to the needs of the local community. If you need assistance, or for information on specific programs and locations in your area, enter your city, state and/or zip in the Find a Location field in the left column of this page.
You can also contact the divisional (regional) headquarters in your area, or your local Salvation Army Corps Community Center.